Savannah, GA and Online Therapist
Emily Hawkins, LCSW
You want to have control and to feel like you have a choice in your life. You may have (or had) a picture in your mind of how things should be, but things aren't going the way you planned.
Issues like depression and anxiety prevent us from living the life that we should be living. When you aren't living the life that you want (or deserve), you start to feel angry, sad, and even frustrated. Sometimes these feelings are overwhelming and you know that you need to do something, but you aren't sure where to start.
Confusion sets in. A lot of effort put into things that don't work as well as you hoped and sometimes leads to even more heartache for you and/or your loved ones. You want things to be better, but you are starting to lose hope that things will get better.
Things WILL get better if you get the right help. You deserve to live life to the fullest.
I understand what it is like to be afraid. I understand what it is like to lose hope and not be the person you want to be. I understand what it is like to struggle in your closest relationships.
I can help you learn how to take back control of the symptoms causing you distress. I work with you to learn coping strategies to manage issues related to anxiety, depression, and trauma so you are able to go about living your life the way you want.
The path of our work together will (in general) look like this:
- I will really listen to you. I will find out what has happened in the past, what's happening in the present, and your hope(s) for the future. I will learn your story and the meaning.
- We will work together to identify your values and the things that are important to you. We will examine where you are in relation to those values and develop a plan to get you closer to them.
- We will work together to find coping strategies that fit you, specifically so you can feel equipped to take on anything.
- We will develop strategies to help you stop feeling stuck and avoid failed patterns.
- You will have a clear plan on how to get where you want to go and I will help you learn the tools to get there.