Welcome to Savannah and SCAD!
College is one of the most exciting and challenging periods of the lives of young people. SCAD offers a unique experience that will most certainly prepare you for a career as an artist.
SCAD is different from many other colleges in that it operates on the quarter system, which presents a variety of unique benefits, but work is also condensed into a very short period of time which means that the level of stress on students. Although the challenges present opportunities for students to grow emotionally, socially, and academically, sometimes the adjustment Stress is the gateway to other issues such as anxiety, depression, and even substance use/abuse issues.
Students, Friends, Parents/Loved Ones should recognize the potential issues that may impede an aspiring artist's ability to be successful in school:
- Loss of Motivation
- Skipping Class
- Increase in Anxiety
- Increase In Depressive Symptoms
- Relationship Problems
- Falling Grades
- Self-Harming Behaviors
- Increase in Isolation
- Thoughts of Suicide
- Increase Alcohol or Substance Use
- Any Noticeable Change in a Person's Behavior That May Be Concerning
Getting the right help can truly made a world of difference for these students. Counseling can help students learn skills that they can use to increase the chances of success academically at SCAD as as well as in their future career endeavors.
Services Offered To Busy Students Include:
- Psychotherapy (Including techniques from DBT, CBT, and ACT)
- Flexible Appointment Scheduling (To accommodate busy schedules)
- TeleMental Health Services
- Academic Coaching
- Advocacy (at the request of students/parents)
- Linking to resources
- (When necessary) Referral to Qualified Providers for Medication Management
I got my start working at SCAD's counseling office and have enjoyed working with the students and staff at the college ever since. The school continues to do an enormous amount of good for the city of Savannah and surrounding area(s).
Questions? Reach out Today
(912) 205-2658 • email@example.com