Counseling for Adults
No one said life would be easy. But it doesn’t have to be quite this hard either.
Things like anxiety, depression, and stress make dealing with day to day things harder. It makes your life more complicated. If you find yourself:
- Feeling on edge
- Having trouble getting over the past
- Stuck in a situation that you aren’t happy with
- Worrying all of the time
- Mentally exhausted
- Worried about panic attacks
- Avoiding things because of worry
- Having physical symptoms that came from worry
- Missing out on life
- Not Motivated
You Have Come To The Right Place!
Counseling with me will help you:
- Learn coping skills to help you relax
- Come to terms with past hurts and trauma
- Find solutions to get unstuck
- Teach you skills to protect yourself
- Learn how to deal with panic attacks
- Learn ways to take part in things that are meaningful
- Manage your physical symptoms that result from anxiety
- Find motivation and learn ways to deal with depression
- Learn to live a fulfilled and meaningful life.
I provide confidential in-office and online therapy to help you get over whatever it is you are going through. Some of my areas of focus include:
Emily Hawkins, LCSW, LISW-CP, BC-TMH
I am not your typical therapist. If you are looking for someone that will just listen and maybe provide you insight, then you may want to look for someone else. Don't get me wrong... I will listen and understand you. I won't judge you and I will most certainly believe in you.
However, believe in getting people in, teaching them the skills they need to feel better, getting to the deep-rooted issues that caused their problems, and working with them to develop new ways of thinking. In other words, I want to get clients, in, help them learn the skills and thinking to Live Meaningfully, Enjoy Life, and Thrive. That means that people have to be able to do things outside of therapy on their own.
My training and experience in therapeutic interventions based on Cognitive Behavior Therapy (CBT), Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT), Acceptance and Commitment Therapy/Training (ACT), Motivational Interviewing (MI), and Solution-Focused Therapies enables me to design interventions that are specific to you and your unique needs. In other words, the person doesn’t fit the therapy, the therapy is designed to fit the person.
Still Not Sure? No Problem! Give me a call so we can talk about what is going on.